ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
We are building rockets, moon landers and in-space transportation systems, yet none of this happens without reliable tools, innovative thinking, and collaboration. Firefly Aerospace is tackling problems in the �new space� market, which means we have opportunities to extract the best processes from �heritage space� development and combine that with today�s available technology to provide beautiful solutions for these challenges.
We are currently searching for a passionate, solutions driven in-house software developer and programmer. You will be working closely with the Engineering Applications, Design and Product Development teams helping integrate, develop, and troubleshoot various suites driving overall company efficiencies. If you are a self-starter who is interested in helping automate systems reducing overall cost of developing advanced Launch Vehicle in a fast-paced startup environment, this job is for you!
- Coordinate with Development Manager and Technical Directors to identify opportunities to streamline data and information flow through the company
- Plan, develop, test, and release various tools, connectors, or in-house developed applications promoting synergy and efficiency across departments
- Coordinate with IT for network resource planning and utilization of hardware available
- Support development of KPI�s to evaluate metrics for production, purchasing, and quality systems
- Develop technical, functional documentation, and user guides complying with audit requirements
- Configure features and develop functionalities that support business requirements
- Respond to support requests for bugs & issues
- Evaluate and recommend changes to current and future software/application requirements to meet organizational needs
- Conducts regular audits of systems and design operational data pipelines using advanced data architectures
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- Support training development for all levels of the organization as required.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, APIs, cross platform communication, using industry best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline (4+yrs direct industry experience may be substituted)
- Proven track record of building and working with RESTful APIs, XML/RPC, Nginx or other integration applications
- Experience developing, testing, and implementing software tools and systems across multi-application environment
- Demonstrated expertise with Postgres database design and optimization
- Good interpersonal skills with experience interfacing effectively between business groups and IT teams.
- Ability to gather, document, and communicate complex business requirements.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a �make it happen� attitude
- Knowledge of best engineering practices in agile software development: architectural paradigms, code reviews, branching, task management, documentation, and testing
- Familiarity with ERP systems � integrating and developing tools/modules
- Familiarity with Atlassian product suite (Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket) and Siemen�s products (or other 3D CAD software)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.