Bring your passion for space!
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Deployable Solutions, a Redwire business unit, is accelerating humanity's expansion into space through specializing in manufacturer high-reliability satellite technologies, solutions, and products. These cutting-edge capabilities address cost and performance limitations that are helping to revolutionize spaceflight and are currently being utilized on missions with NASA, the Department of Defense, and commercial space companies.
We have a current opportunity for a Senior Program Technical Lead to join our team in Goleta, CA. This role is responsible for project technical execution using a holistic approach to design, develop, evaluate, and modify products through their entire life cycle. Serves as consultant to the business unit in long-range planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements.
- Technical customer liaison and support for business development activities.
- Responsible for the technical integrity of projects while providing technical guidance to clients, and departments at the brand, program, and project levels.
- Act as a point of technical escalation and resolution during a project’s lifecycle.
- Non-conformance disposition authority.
- Leads in design reviews, test plans and procedures to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reduces high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower-level detailed requirements.
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Responsible for a projects technical/operational leadership within the programmatic guidelines set by the program manager and the customer.
- Leads a project to ensure the scope, schedule, staffing and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Controls project costs through close control of system intent, aligning resources to project phases, and approving expenditures.
- Defines, generates, reviews, presents project’s required documentation.
- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other space-related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in space industry, including developing, designing, manufacturing, and testing space flight hardware.
- Must have a well-rounded System Level approach influencing in all aspects, with demonstrated technical leadership.
- Experience with space mechanism design and aerospace guidelines.
- Experience working with design, manufacture and verification of PV systems and composite structures.
- Proficient in CAD and PDM Systems.
- Drafting knowledge with understanding of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 along with tolerance analysis capabilities.
- Prior success preparing and presenting project / program updates to all levels and customers.
- Demonstrated experience in Team Leadership.
- Demonstrated Experience in Manufacturing.
- Experience in the Root Cause Analysis process.
- US citizenship.
- M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other space-related discipline.
- Experience with PDM Pro, Solidworks, SolidWorks Simulation, Thermal Desktop, NASTRAN or ANSYS is a plus.
- Ideal experience with the following Aerospace guidelines: GSFC-STD-7000A (GEVS), AIAA S-114-2005, NASA-STD-5017, MMPDS, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365, including SharePoint and Teams. Microsoft Project experience a plus.
- Training and Certification in the Lean Six Sigma process.
- Strong attention to detail with advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated in applying engineering principles, concepts, and practices of mechanical / aerospace engineering to independently perform assignments.
- Ability to travel - an average of 10-15% travel may be required. Most of the travel is local but some overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Grow with us as we innovate the next generation capabilities for a new era of space exploration! We offer a highly competitive benefits package along with a commitment to our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Inclusion, and Excellence.
Redwire is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Redwire is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Redwire are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. Note that some positions will also require US citizenship or ability to obtain a security clearance due to requirements of a classified program.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR Click Here