Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking for an Accountant/Financial Analyst to perform and coordinate accounting duties and Financial Analysis within our organization. This position is based out of Palo Alto CA, but remote from any state is available. This position will perform general accounting and finance functions for our Space operations. This person will report to Maxar Space’s Senior Accounting/FP&A Manager.
- Month end close process support including Journal Entry preparation, account reconciliation completion, corporate submissions, some cash functions, and various special analyses.
- Support preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, working closely with FP&A team
- Perform monthly variance analysis for direct and indirect costs, and capital projects, using this analysis to identify risk and opportunities
- Provide program and organization metrics to support decision making
- Support the monthly/quarterly financial reporting cycle both internally and for corporate reviews
- Ensure adequate internal controls are performed
- Perform other accounting duties and Financial Analysis and supporting junior staff as required or assigned
- Provide and receive support to/from other Accounting / Finance team members, as needed.
- Assist with any other ad hoc projects, analysis or analytics as needed
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and minimize inefficiencies by coordinating with counterparts at other company segments
- Execute procedures in accordance with company policies
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting, finance, or FP&A role
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition standards
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent computer skills; Must be a strong Microsoft Excel user and proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Office365 tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to multitask.
- Attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills for a continually evolving environment
- Able to work in a dynamic, complex environment as a self-starter
- U.S. Citizenship preferred
- Accounting background preferred
- SAP S/4 HANA experience preferred
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
All Maxar U.S. employees and international employees who work in the U.S. and visit Maxar sites must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022, except in cases where legally entitled to an exception.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.