Senior Product Manager, Data Access
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
The Senior Product Manager, Data Access will be responsible for managing BlackSky's direct Data Access product line and associated services. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the definition, development, and execution of BlackSky's data access products and services. This role involves working with both domestic and international government customers to understand their mission needs for direct data access around the world. This role requires close collaboration and communication with both external users and internal stakeholders to ensure BlackSky is building and releasing the right product at the right time. Reporting to the Senior Director, Core Products this is a fantastic opportunity to help advance BlackSky’s world-class suite of geospatial intelligence products and significantly contribute to the company’s rapid business growth.
We are open to hiring this position remotely in the following states: AR, AZ, CO, CA, DC, FL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NM, OR, PA, OH, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV or our Seattle/Washington DC suburbs offices.
- Responsible for managing all direct Data Access products & services including domestic and international rapid data access system integrations, direct satellite uplink/downlink and remote on-premise deployments of imagery data and analytic processing pipelines
- Own the characterization and prioritization of the BlackSky direct Data Access product line roadmap including detailed functional product and service requirements
- Define the packaging, pricing, licensing and service terms for Data Access products
- Contribute to all customer-facing resources associated with the Data Access products including website content, marketing slick-sheets, slide presentations, etc. as necessary
- Act as BlackSky's ambassador for Data Access products to external market constituents
- Perform competitor data access analysis and articulate BlackSky’s messaging on distinctive competencies, unique value propositions and competitive positioning
- Support strategic business capture activities such as RFP proposal response efforts
- Track and interpret key business KPI metrics in order to measure health of and define official SLAs for the Data Access product offerings and associated services
- Collaborate with technological strategy and satellite manufacturing to help define future spacecraft payload, communications, ground infrastructure, cloud architecture and on-board edge computing to meet customer's demanding direct data access requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance, engineering, science or technology
- Must have 4+ years of product management experience (preferably in Earth observation or other geospatial industry).
- Previous experience managing data access products or solutions that involve custom integrations into customer data centers, enterprise systems or cloud-based integrations.
- Make fact-based data-driven objective decisions focused on business outcomes.
- Leverage outside-in customer-centric approach to identify unmet market opportunities then build offerings that solve customer problems with optimal product-market fit.
- Unselfish team player with optimistic attitude, assiduous perseverance, confident decision making, assertive negotiation and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently, effectively and decisively in a highly technical data-rich environment with minimal guidance and intellectual curiosity.
- Create cross-functional stakeholder alignment across a matrixed highly collaborative team environment by providing leadership through influence.
- Experience managing cloud-based product offerings, platforms and services that are built using Agile development principles and methodologies.
- Communicate effectively across all departments including senior C-level management.
- MBA or Master’s degree related to Earth science, geospatial, computing or aerospace
- Previous experience managing bespoke products, services and solutions for domestic and international defense & intelligence (D&I) government customers
- An understanding of the fundamentals of Earth observation satellite operations including constellation tasking, imaging collection, spacecraft telemetry and on-board processing.
- Has managed products at a startup or rapidly innovating public company with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong business acumen and passion for disruptive technologies.
- Knowledge of Tactical Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) missions involving exploitation of Earth observation imagery or other geospatial data sources.
- Experience with data fusion and hybrid analytical insights derived from multi-INT data sources (EO/IR, SAR, HSI, AIS, RF, news, seismic, weather, traffic, aviation, etc.).
- This position requires an active or previous TS/SCI security clearance (or ability and desire to obtain a clearance) for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. citizenship.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf