Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity Space is rapidly expanding to support our long-term vision of fully 3D printing re-usable rockets. We have recently acquired nearly a million square feet of new factory space in Long Beach, CA, which we are converting into a re-usable rocket factory for our Terran R launch vehicle. With this massive expansion comes a variety of brand-new manufacturing and production processes that must be designed and built.
What you’ll do:
As our Senior EHS Engineer, you will be responsible for driving risk reduction for both existing and future manufacturing processes by performing the following:
- Assessing risk for new processes and implementing design changes to reduce risk to human safety.
- Ensuring new work center design meets applicable Cal/OSHA standards, California Fire Code, and any other applicable regulations or consensus standards.
- Collaborating with the construction team to support fire / life safety design and permitting.
- Identifying workplace hazards and designing / implementing engineering controls to reduce workplace incident risk.
- Collaborate with additive and manufacturing engineering teams to implement hierarchy of controls across manufacturing work centers.
In addition to injury prevention through design, you will be supporting the EHS team by building programs, supporting safety culture initiatives, delivering EHS training, and performing industrial hygiene surveys.
What you need to know:
- Bachelors of Science in engineering, environmental engineering, occupational safety and health, or related degree.
- 5+ years of experience in EHS engineering field supporting heavy manufacturing, aerospace, or oil and gas.
- Experience designing fire and life safety plans in accordance with California Fire Code, California Health and Safety Code, NFPA 101, and related consensus standards.
- Experience with designing safety control logic for automated machinery and robotics.
- Technical understanding of Cal/OSHA, NFPA, and ANSI regulations
- Proficient in health and safety topics including but not limited to:
- Fire and life safety (working knowledge)
- Machine Guarding (working knowledge)
- Confined Spaces
- Pressure vessels
- Arc Flash / Electrical Safety
- Flammable Liquids
- Experience with design software such as AutoCad, Visio, Bluebeam, or related software
- Experience in chemical management and industrial hygiene
- Proficient project manager, with the ability to juggle and execute multiple projects at one time
Nice to haves but not required:
- Master’s degree in public health, engineering, occupational health and safety, or related degree
- Maintains PE, CSP, or CIH certifications
- Extensive knowledge in the following topics:
- ventilation calculations as it pertains to ventilation design and control
- Fire and life safety design
- Experience with safety control logic for automated machinery and robotics
- Experience working directly for space launch vehicle manufacturing facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!