Launcher is developing the world’s most efficient rocket to deliver small satellites to orbit. We are now headquartered in Hawthorne, California (map). Please visit our careers website to learn more about Launcher's strategy and benefits.
Support ongoing propulsion testing and advance the development of our products: Launcher Engine-2, Launcher Orbiter, and Launcher Light.
To be considered for the role please submit an engineering portfolio with relevant projects (including photos) and a cover letter.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
- CAD (Solidworks or Siemens NX preferred).
- Hands-on experience with fluid systems involving pressurized cylinders, regulators, tanks, valves, tubing, fittings, and other plumbing elements (College experience/internships).
- Hands-on prototyping.
- Ability to work as a teammate and independently to achieve ambitious goals.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to lift 35lbs unassisted.
- Able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- Flexibility to work overtime and adapt to a varying schedule.
- Must be willing to travel and spend 25% of the time at our test site in NASA Stennis Space Center (Fully paid travel and hotel while there).
Desirable skills and experience
- Materials science (e.g. heat treatment, HIP processes experience).
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Simulations (FEA/CFD, Ansys).
- CAM Programming (Mastercam).
- Fabrication, welding, CNC machining, and 3D printing (plastic, metal).
- Purchasing and sourcing.
- Sensors, actuators, and integration with data acquisition systems.
- As we must adhere to the U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. All applicants must indicate their immigration status on their resume and/or cover letter.
Launcher is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.