OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic RF Spectrum Management Engineer who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: The RF Spectrum Manager will be responsible for working with team members and external vendors to specify and design space communication systems and associated licensing.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for or medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• This position will play a key role in the design and specification of RF communication systems for commercial human spaceflight modules.
• Perform spectrum management & coordination tasks for RF systems and interface with NASA centers and federal agencies to resolve spectrum issues.
• Calculate RF link budgets and system performance.
• Perform Radio Frequency interference and compatibility analysis for Space based communication systems.
• Support obtaining necessary licenses from FCC or other required agencies.
• Support NASA milestone reviews including PDR, CDR, SDR, FRR, etc.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Math or Science required.
• 5-10 years of experience in RF systems design (with a preference for work in support of space missions).
• Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with spectrum management and RF spectrum regulations and licensing
• Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
• Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.