Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking an independent, creative and driven Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to join their big-data platform team. This position would support a massive National Security platform supporting large-scale analytics on various customer data sources. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and able to learn quickly.
- We build advanced algorithms to gain analytic insights from a large range of open source and government data.
- We enable machine learning systems, automate workflow, and design and develop custom applications for unique national-security mission.
- We operate an end-to-end predictive analytic platform unlike any other within the US Government.
- We provide training to expand your skills and challenges to develop them.
- Our client’s missions are vital to national security, so we’re mission-first always.
- Our work environment is relaxed business casual.
- At our core we believe and practice social responsibility.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute to team success by building out and maintaining large-scale customer hosted Openstack platform, enabling massive analytics for platform users.
- Analyze existing and future systems, review security architectures, and develop engineering solutions that integrate information security requirements to proactively manage information protection.
- Engineer and deploy network defense countermeasures such as anti-virus, anti-spam, and intrusion detection and prevention system solutions.
- Analyze Information Assurance (IA) security events, including threat model development and resulting security risk analysis of systems.
- Review and assess information security events and logs via sophisticated security information and event manager.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI and be willing and able to obtain a CI polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. (4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in IC policy and able to interact at senior levels to ensure requirements are met while preserving the most feasible security posture.
- Must be able to manage security configs and communicate with others on the platform who are impacted by security decisions/direction.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-driven team player who can interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members and customers on system security-related issues.
- Specific IA/Security related experience that includes working with Data-at-rest encryption; certificate validation; IDS/IPS; Firewalls; SEIMs and Log Management; syslog analysis; HTTP and TCP/IP analysis; and vulnerability assessment to include cross-site scripting, SQL injection, cross-site request forgery, HTTP response splintering, and the OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25.
- Experience with management, certifying and accrediting at least two production systems or applications within the US government.
- Experience using the fundamentals of network routing and switching and achieving compliance for production software systems on US Government networks, such as SIPRnet and JWICS.
- Experience with web application penetration testing identifying architectural design weaknesses from analyzing a web application.
- Experience implementing PKI components in a network, application and architecture and authentication capabilities of Windows, UNIX, Linux, Apple and middleware.
- Experience with database technologies, architectural reviews, and PCI-Data Security Standard.
- Experience producing accurate Configuration records through the life-cycle of the asset.
- CompTIA Security+ certification or CISSP certification or the ability to acquire and maintain certification.
As a federal contractor, Maxar is required to comply with the vaccination and other COVID-19 requirements in President Biden's September 9 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. Accordingly, all Maxar team members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022, except in cases where a team member is legally entitled to an accommodation.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.