SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DIGITAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEER, LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
As a Life Cycle Engineer for our digital systems, you will have a unique opportunity to be the bridge between design and production; equally anchored in both disciplines with the ability to spearhead change throughout a product’s life cycle. You will be expected to troubleshoot electronic assemblies, define new processes, design fixtures/tools, and identify opportunities for improvement in products and processes. You will have the opportunity work on and improve the wide variety of avionics products that enable SpaceX vehicles to provide the safest, most reliable, access to space. Our fundamental goal is to allow humanity to explore the stars; with it comes extreme responsibility to ensure the safety of the crew and payload.
- Drive ownership of avionics products for flight by providing design and troubleshooting support for all aspects of the hardware from component and PCBA level testing through vehicle level integration
- Support development and validation of high speed digital interfaces across a wide range of products for computing, communication, and data acquisition systems
- Write and execute verification test plans, test procedures, and test reports against product requirements
- Modify electrical schematics and mechanical drawings for flight applications as they relate to reliability and manufacturability
- Design and troubleshoot test setups and associated equipment to support execution of testing strategies
- Participate in manufacturing assessments of new designs and drive optimization for manufacturability and cost
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 1+ years of professional experience with embedded digital electronics design
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of professional experience with embedded digital electronics design
- Experience with digital and mixed signal circuit schematic capture and board design, including: microcontrollers, processors, memory interfaces, digital interface buses, point of load power distribution
- Experience with digital system simulation, analysis, and design of high-speed digital circuits
- Experience with system verification and validation including use of laboratory test equipment and proper probing techniques for circuit development and verification
- Proficient utilizing software code/scripting to support activities (Excel, MATLAB, Python)
- Proficient with electrical schematic capture and layout software (Altium, Orcad or similar)
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and best practices for printed circuit board fabrication and assembly
- Familiarity with environmental testing including shock, vibration, thermal, TVAC and EMI/EMC
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong cross functional project management skills and the ability to collaborate with other engineering disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly present technical information to a wide audience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding atmosphere
- Extended hours and weekend work may be required to support critical project and mission milestones
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.