The Principal IP Design Engineer is accountable for IP Networks overall design to deliver services to OneWeb's customer base. The candidate in this role will be required to design the architecture & strategy of network build-up, work in a consultative manner with Product Line Managers and Global Network Engineers.
The IP Network Engineering team is responsible for a wide range of services, including IP/MPLS Network core, edge network and services design.
• Responsible for the overall design of network and connectivity.
• Provide technical knowledge and leadership of the ISP network and associated technologies.
• Lead on WAN design solutions for internal and external customers.
• Assist the wider technical teams with applicable WAN requirements & customer designs.
• Lead requirements gathering and scoping workshops with OneWeb's internal teams to collect design requirements.
• Translate requirements into design specifications.
• Guide best design practices in the areas of IP/MPLS core and services architecture.
• Work with Product Line Management and pre-sales team for the feature enhancement requests.
• Provide transfer of knowledge sessions/training to Learning & development teams & stakeholder teams.
Required skills and experience:
• A minimum of 12-15 years of experience in telecommunications, preferably with a Tier 1/2 ISP or Service provider ISP, MSO, or another carrier-centric environment.
• At least 10 years of technology experience supporting an extensive, geographically distributed network infrastructure.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Ideally to have experience delivering professional services including network strategy, design and engineering, implementation, testing, customer training and on-site support
• Strong working level knowledge of IP Networking, including MPLS and Segment Routing. Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), MPLS signalling protocols (RSVP, LDP), Multicast ( PIM/mLDP/RSVP-TE) , QoS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, CGNAT, DPI etc.
• Specific Nokia knowledge of 7750 product line.
• 3rd party router expertise, including Cisco/Juniper product lines.
• Qualified as Nokia SRA/CCIE-SP/JNCIE-SP or equivalent experience.
• Excellent hands-on network integration and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Influences others outside of the team to ensure goals are met and conflicts are resolved.
• Responds to requests for technical information and assistance in a timely and professional manner.
Where You’ll Be: London, UK OR Virginia, US