Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a Sr. Subcontracts Administrator to join our team in Palo Alto, San Jose, or Pasadena, CA. In this role, you will be part of a procurement team that manages major suppliers on government and commercial programs and supports proposal submittals to the government and commercial customers.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct market research to identify sources of supply for subsystems, components, and/or services.
- Review competitive proposals for subsystems and services offered by suppliers and prepare comparative analyses of factors such as cost, delivery schedule, quality, and past performance.
- Negotiate subcontract requirements, prices, and terms and conditions.
- Issue complex subcontracts to major suppliers and maintain procurement history records on all transactions.
- Extensively interact with multiple functions including engineering, operations, quality, finance, accounting, and management to achieve procurement objectives.
- Manage suppliers and expedite supplier deliverables. Resolve supplier problems as they arise.
- Ensure that procurement actions and file documents support maintaining a Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) approved Purchasing System.
- Maintain supplier delivery status in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System.
- Ensure compliance with all contractual, regulatory and audit requirements, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), NASA FAR Supplement (NFS), and contract terms and conditions
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain, economics, or a related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement
- Minimum of 2 years experience at a government contractor or subcontractor
- Possess strong, fluent, and effective communication skills both written and verbal in English
These skills would be amazing:
- Aerospace or robotics industry experience.
- Experience successfully passing a DCMA Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR)
- Lean six sigma process improvement experience. Experience leading Kaizen events
- Deltek CostPoint or SAP experience with cost reimbursable subcontracts
As a federal contractor, Maxar is required to comply with the vaccination and other COVID-19 requirements in President Biden's September 9 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. Accordingly, all Maxar team members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than December 8, 2021, except in cases where a team member is legally entitled to an accommodation.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.