A Day in the Life
You will help change the landscape of the small sat industry, be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment. As our Sr. Government Affairs Manager you will be primarily responsible for the development and management of the company’s advocacy efforts relating to both legislative and public policy engagement to support regulatory processes and business development. This is a full-time position located in the Washington, DC metro area.
- Execute on a strategic road map for government relations to advance SpinLaunch corporate objectives
- Establish and maintain relationships at Executive Agencies and on Capitol Hill
- Actively engage the FAA and other agencies on relevant operational, regulatory and policy issues involving launch site development and licensing
- Represent SpinLaunch at meetings
- Engage in policy committee efforts of SpinLaunch’s trade associations and coalitions to build support for policy solutions
- Stay informed on relevant legislative and regulatory developments Identify strategic partnerships and funding sources within the US Government
- Maintain excellent reputation and relationships within the aerospace community
- 10-15 years of experience working in government or government affairs with a background working in high-growth start-up strongly desirable
- Experience working with Congress and Executive Agencies with an understanding of the government landscape, regulatory processes, and legislative development
- Experience managing external consultant relationships
- Excellent outward and inward facing verbal and written communications
- Exceptional inter-personal relationship building skills
- Driven, highly motivated and relentless
- Capable of working independently and autonomously away from corporate HQ with a strong degree of self-management
- Willingness to travel, as needed
- Bachelors or Graduate degree in Business, Engineering or Political Science
- Passion for aerospace
- Engineering background
- An adaptable team player who can also self-manage, motivate, and delegate
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.