Senior Product Manager, Commercial Space
When you join LeoLabs, you’ll be part of the team that is building the navigation infrastructure for space. Your day to day work will directly apply to securing and protecting low Earth orbit, benefitting many generations to come.
Headquartered in Menlo Park, California, LeoLabs is a fast growing company serving commercial space ventures and newly-formed space agencies from every corner of the globe. We deliver real-time, data-driven insights as a service, built on top of our expanding network of ground-based, phased array radars.
As the Senior Product Manager for Commercial Space, you’ll join a core team in LeoLabs with the mission to revolutionize commercial space operations. You will be a driving force for the vision,strategy, and long-term product and feature roadmap as we continue to add new commercial off-the-shelf SaaS services and grow our existing product line to support our customers. Your market ranges from satellite operators with large constellations, to launch providers, to smallsat operators.
If you are an expert SaaS product manager with experience in the space sector or an aptitude for building highly technical, data-centric software, and you want to make a big impact at a fast growing startup, please get in touch with us.
- Drive the strategy and roadmap for LeoLabs Commercial Space product portfolio
- Translate product strategy into detailed, end-to-end requirements that form complete solutions for customers
- Know the market, customers, competitors, and our core value
- Work with our sales, engineering team(s) and customers to set priorities and drive Agile iteration
- Create product line positioning, messaging, branding, web pages, and documentation
- When necessary, validate designs with prototypes, customer feedback and research.
- Support engineering throughout development cycle
- Support Sales and Customer Success teams to execute go-to-market campaigns
- With sales, set product pricing and drive a revenue model that meets business objectives
- Measure the success of our undertakings by identifying and tracking key metrics.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Looks holistically at the user experience and business model first, individual features second
- Demonstrated excellence in end to end design of elegant products and features that meet customers needs
- Great listener, can pinpoint customer or sales needs and hear new opportunities
- Attention to detail is a must
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize ruthlessly
- Comfortable working with APIs
- Demonstrated ability to bridge business and technical requirements including clear writing
- Demonstrated ability to help set pricing and build revenue models
- Fun, motivating team player
- Well spoken and comfortable working with customers
- A keen interest in working in the commercial space industry
- 3+ years enterprise software product management
- 8+ years experience working in enterprise software technology (any combination of product management, engineering, sales, support, marketing)
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or another relevant field. MBA a plus
- Startup experience
- 2+ years working with SaaS or other cloud products as product manager, engineer, or marketing manager
- 2+ years marketing experience (positioning, messaging, branding, website, documentation)
- Experience with product management for space related software applications
- Experience with mission critical products
The role requires working on site in Menlo Park, California, several days per week once it's safe to do so.
LeoLabs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
LeoLabs is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, LeoLabs will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations . If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact LeoLabs.