Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.At Capella you’ll workin a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the Role
Capella is seeking a Product Manager to lead the definition, development, and execution of Capella’s Direct Access Service product line. This role involves working with customers globally and across domains of experience to distill requirements from their mission needs, which will require communication about complex technologies in an easily accessible and informative manner.
Additionally, you will be working cross-functionally with Capella’s Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams to advance our industry-leading tasking, ordering, and data access systems for Capella’s government customers. Your track record of successful product management, including strong government customer engagement skills and a deep understanding of earth observation systems, will open new opportunities for our customers to leverage imagery and analytics in achieving their mission.
The candidate in the role, can be located in either Louisville, CO or Washington, DC.
- Product Management experience including roadmap development, prioritization across multiple internal and external stakeholders, release planning, and execution.
- Strong Systems Engineering skillset, with a strong understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle. Proven ability to both implement and conduct a Formal Verification Process/Plan.
- Experience with product/feature launches including release notes, webinars, training.
- Experience collaborating with engineering and customer-facing teams to assess feasibility and support adoption of complex product features and capabilities.
- Customer-centric mindset and experience translating customer requirements into priorities and clear direction for the engineering teams.
- Development of marketing and sales enablement materials.
- Excellent communication, writing, and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Strong project management and delegation skills including milestone updates and delivery reporting.
- Develop a compelling product offering, including business model, pricing, and service terms.
- Support the Sales team as the primary evangelist for the product line.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of earth observation satellite operations, including communications, on-orbit operations, telemetry, and data processing.
- Experience working with both software and hardware engineering teams.
- Experience defining requirements for microservices architecture and supporting development.
- Strategic and creative first principles thinker.
- Strong project management and operations skills with attention to detail.
- Previous experience working with international and domestic defense and intelligence customers.
- Experience developing and deploying services in remote, on-premise data center environments.
- Previous Satellite Ground Station development experience.
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment.
- Previous experience with synthetic aperture radar (SAR).
- Previous security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance.
Required Qualifications (optional-dependent of the requirements):
- 5+ years working in product management, technical product management, or development team leadership.
- International travel required. Occasional extended periods abroad required.
In addition to an opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending
- Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- FSA and HSA
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible PTO
- Gourmet-style, Daily Lunch
- Capella Community Events
- Equity Commuter and Parking benefits
- Parental Leave
- Dog-friendly Work Environment (SF)
- Cell and Internet Monthly Stipend