Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our Satellite Program Delivery (SPD) Program Engineering group in Palo Alto, CA.
Life with Us
Within Maxar’s Satellite Programs Delivery organization, we design, build and control spacecraft. You will be part of a team that has designed, built and launched hundreds of spacecraft. This Technical Project Manager role is three-fold:
- You will build and lead the cross-functional Spacecraft Systems Engineering team(s) that works as part of the team-of-teams within a program. You will facilitate Scrum and Sprint activities within your assigned team(s) to facilitate the rapid coordination and development of front-end deliverables for the program that will become the basis for follow-on design, production, supply chain, and flight software efforts.
- You will also foster interactions with satellite program managers, lead design engineers spanning multiple disciplines, and various design stakeholders with a focus on spacecraft hardware design & development in the development phase of a program setting the basis for follow-on design, production, and supply chain efforts for the entire satellite program, You will also lead special teams for collaboration efficiency for a variety of special projects that will generally be focused on special innovation pursuits of much shorter duration that actual spacecraft programs.
- Please note that you will be working at a general spacecraft system level working with multi-discipline design engineers that specialize in Spacecraft systems engineering, power subsystems, avionics and control electronics, software, structures, thermal engineering, and others.
Your Responsibilities and Activities:
- Team building: coach and support continuous improvement within the team, where your team members will have a broad mix of spacecraft design and development engineering skills.
- Facilitate effective Scrum ceremonies (Release and Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives, Backlog Refinement and Daily Scrums).
- Maintain transparency into the team’s work and provide metrics on team activities.
- Foster innovation. Support the engineers on your team in a broad sense, enabling them to do their best work. Initiate and monitor the removal of impediments. Help identify and mitigate any external dependency risks in development.
- Lead collaborations to find root causes to problems, you’ll be a good facilitator both on-line as well as in-person. These discussions will occur both within your team as well as with other teams.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain U.S. Government security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, or related field. Four years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a technical product organization.
- Thorough understanding and experience of Scrum and Agile principles, values, and practices.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification.
- Knowledge of hardware and software system engineering practices, model based systems engineering is a big plus.
- Aerospace experience
- Experience with working in an environment delivering to government agencies.
- Experience working with agile project management tools. Jira Software would be a plus.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience and knowledge.
As a federal contractor, Maxar is required to comply with the vaccination and other COVID-19 requirements in President Biden's September 9 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. Accordingly, all Maxar team members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than December 8, 2021, except in cases where a team member is legally entitled to an accommodation.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.