We are looking for a Backend Software Developer to join our team. You will become part of a growing software design group responsible for the delivery of various services targeted for the space sector.
Within a continuous integration environment, you will contribute to the entire application services lifecycle with a focus on the specification, design, deployment, test, integration, and maintenance. Through those activities and by working with the key stakeholders in the development process you will deliver exciting new features.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the entire services pipelines, focusing on requirements elicitation, coding, debugging, and integration;
- Implement new services and features;
- Improve the currently existing services;
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- You will be required to occasionally travel to the UK D-Orbit facilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong experience in Python programming (at least 3 years):
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming;
- Knowledge about Pythons’ unit testing frameworks (preferably pytest);
- Experience with implementing REST APIs (tornado, fastAPI);
- Strong familiarity with Git distributed version control system;
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the use of Cython library for generation of python extensions;
- Knowledge about micro-services architecture and event-driven technologies;
- Familiarity of containerization technology (e.g. Docker);
- Familiarity of the use of command-line of the Linux based operating systems;
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum, TDD);
- Experience in implementing caching mechanisms (i.e., using Redis);
- Familiarity with databases like PostgreSQL or Cassandra;
- Experience in designing web-based applications for scalability, reliability and security;
- Knowledge with other programming languages, particularly Java/Kotlin and C.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development;
- Experience of design and development of mission critical systems (preferably in the aerospace domain) as a plus.