Overview: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor –the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking bold and dynamic engineers who are preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
Summary: This role will also encompass all phases of the space systems development process including requirements definition, system and spacecraft interfaces, system and spacecraft design, assembly, integration, test, and mission operations. Prior experience developing space systems for challenging environments and missions is expected.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the Verification & Validation Engineering Team.
• Plan and implement verification and validation (V&V) strategy, including implementation practices and processes.
• Implement integrated V&V plan, procedures, and schedule across all engineering teams.
• Work closely with NASA to integrate joint verification activities with the International Space Station
• Manage customer-related integrated V&V test plans. Lead V&V collaboration efforts both internally and externally.
• Establish and oversee verification requirements for suppliers as part of the integrated V&V plan.
• Collaborate with system and subsystem engineers, program office personnel and customers for V&V planning, scheduling, and execution.
• Support the identification, design development and procurement activities for Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
• Prepare technical documentation and presentations for peers, management, and external customers and partners.
• Perform other systems engineering tasks as necessary.
Education & Experience :
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (aerospace, electrical, mechanical, or related discipline)
• A minimum of 15 years of direct experience in engineering verification- and validation-focused activities, including V&V strategy development, planning, and execution.
• A broad background in space systems engineering is desired, including an understanding of space vehicle design, space system architecture development, ground systems support, payloads, and space missions and operations development.
• Detailed knowledge of spaceflight subsystems and functions is desired, preferably human spaceflight related experience.
• Related experience in the testing of spacecraft, space vehicles, and their related components and systems is desired.
• Experience with the use of test and measurement equipment for testing and troubleshooting is desired.
• Experience with simulator/hardware test development and execution is desired.
• Effective in working in a start-up environment with the ability to lead, drive, and implement tactical change.
• A strong attention to detail while appreciating the bigger picture of the complex and ambitious projects that we take on.
• Demonstrated leadership and extensive collaboration skills are a must.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills with experience communicating to senior decision-makers and technical audiences.
• Effective in small teamwork environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well ingroup problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts inwritten form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
United States, Houston, Texas
Posted 12d ago