OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor –the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking bold and dynamic engineers who are preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: This position will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas and will be primarily focused on defining and implementing our reliability strategy, planning, and implementation. This role will also encompass all phases of the space systems development process including requirements definition, system and spacecraft interfaces, system and spacecraft design, assembly, integration, test, and mission operations. Prior experience developing space systems for challenging environments and missions is expected.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and implement reliability engineering strategy, including implementation practices and processes.
• Establish reliability requirements and reliability program growth strategy for on-orbit component failures throughout the life of the station.
• Conduct detailed system, assembly, and component level Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) along with criticality analysis.
• Develop and apply data analysis techniques for mechanical and electrical designs, including statistical process control, reliability modeling and prediction.
• Generate reliability predictions, such as Mean Time between Failures (MTBF) and Mean Time to Failure (MTTF), for new product designs through analysis or accelerated aging tests.
• Experience in performing Fault Tree Analysis, Reliability Block Diagrams (RBD) and Functional Block Diagrams (FBD).
• Collaborate with all engineering system and subsystem teams to implement integrated reliability analyses.
• Support design reviews and test activities as required.
• Prepare technical documentation and presentations for peers, management, and external customers and partners.
• Perform other systems engineering tasks as necessary.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (aerospace, electrical, mechanical, or related discipline)
• 20 years of direct experience in spacecraft reliability-focused activities, including statistical process control, modeling/prediction.
• Related experience in the reliability predictions for new designs of spacecraft, space vehicles, and their related components and systems is desired.
• Experience in analyzing and processing flight hardware failure data to calculate or refine product reliability metrics and recommend improvement measures.
• A broad background in space systems engineering including an understanding of space vehicle design, space system architecture development, ground systems support, payloads, and space missions and operations development.
• Detailed knowledge of spaceflight subsystems and functions, preferably human spaceflight related. Experience with NASA human spaceflight programs desired.
• Effective in working in a start-up environment with the ability to lead, drive, and implement tactical change.
• A strong attention to detail while appreciating the bigger picture of the complex and ambitious projects that we take on.
• Demonstrated leadership and extensive collaboration skills are a must.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills with experience communicating to senior decision-makers and technical audiences.
• Effective in small teamwork environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well ingroup problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts inwritten form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork- Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment
AxiomSpace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
United States, Houston, Texas
Posted 12d ago