Overview: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking bold and dynamic engineers who are preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
Summary: This position will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas. The Flight Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development and test of software for the space station.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
• This position will play a key role in the development of embedded software for commercial human spaceflight modules.
• Responsibilities will include the development, testing, and deployment of embedded software solutions that interface with propulsion, command & data handling (C&DH), environmental control and life support systems (ECLSS), guidance navigation and control (GN&C), caution and warning (C&W), networks, datalinks, power, and other flight systems.
• Create, test, and integrate embedded software in prototype and flight environments.
• Communicate with subject matter experts across disciplines, users, and management throughout the software test and development lifecycle.
• Maintain disciplined software configuration control and management processes.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required.
• Experience developing software for terrestrial or space flight applications.
• Experience using operating systems (e.g., Linux, VxWorks) and communications/bus protocols (e.g., 1553, Ethernet, USB, RS-422, RS-232, UART, SPI, I2C) to interface with spaceflight hardware. • Proficient with code in C/C++
• Familiar with web development
• Familiar with NASA cFS
• Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
• Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and work in a dynamic environment
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis or race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
United States, Houston, Texas
Posted 12d ago