OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Project Manager who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: This position will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas, and represent the Axiom Space Payloads Engineering group as the primary company contact point for developing multi-use payload facilities such as on-orbit workstations, instrumentation, and environmental containment systems with company vendors, which includes managing the vendor relationship and engineering project throughout its entire life cycle.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing and documenting a detailed engineering payload project for human spaceflight, including overall plans, schedules, requirements, testing, and validation products
• Establishing and maintaining overall project schedules by tracking budgets, key milestones, and final engineering deliverables
• Managing all expectations and communication with the vendor including organization of regular meetings with Axiom and vendor personnel to support project expectation, milestones, and delivery
• Assisting the Systems Engineering team (SE&I) with facility payload integration milestones including but not limited to design reviews, operations reviews, flight and ground safety reviews, verification and certification reviews
• Coordinating with the Axiom In-Space Manufacturing and Research team to represent the payload facility project development for supporting client uses, crew training, and mission operations
• Organize and lead internal payload engineering meetings to support payload development schedules, mitigate potential issues and develop client-friendly solutions in coordination with the In-Space Manufacturing and Research team
• Support proposal development including task/milestone definition and detailed cost/schedule estimates
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer, Aerospace, Human Factors or Electrical Engineering or related field required
• 5 years’ experience of engineering experience
• Agile (Scrum) experience desirable
• Excellent interpersonal skill
• Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
• Excellent organizational skills
• Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
• Ability to work in a team environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.