Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking for a Software Engineer to join an agile and fast-paced development team creating software to support operational needs around the world. Do you have the drive to contribute to our nation's security? In an increasingly data-rich environment, threats to our country are harder to detect and require the augmentation of intelligence by machines. As a part of our Maxar team, you can help turn this complex problem into a real solution for important US Government customers.
What you will do with your teammates:
- Develop and enhance applications and services to exceed our customer expectations. This includes full lifecycle development and ownership of the entire requirement/solution.
- Foster and support the ongoing growth and practices of agile development within the organization.
- Identify improvements to processes and software applications.
- Develop your own expertise within the software architecture.
- Collaborate with teammates. To us, this means being a good listener and bringing an attitude that creates an environment where innovative ideas can arise.
Your Career: We’re very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor, and/or a mentor, to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain U.S. Government Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline. Four years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 2 years of related experience in Software Development.
- Strong C++, Python, or Java programming skills.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Math, physics, or GIS-focused minor or major.
- Agile software development lifecycle experience.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to stay organized while balancing multiple priorities.
- Proficiency with database tools such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
- Proficiency with version control systems such as git.
The compensation range for this position is $75,000.00 to $112,000.00 annually, dependent on skills and experience.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.