We are seeking an experienced VHDL Programmer, ideally with experience of Software Defined Radio (SDR)
You will be joining the Space industry, working closely with our Avionics and Software teams to develop Software-Defined Radio (SDR) software in VHDL for both airborne and ground station SDR transceivers for the Orbex Prime launch vehicle.
Orbex is Europe's most exciting space company. You will be joining a team developing one of the most innovative, high-tech space launch vehicles in the world, to launch into orbit from continental Europe's 1st orbital spaceport at Sutherland in Scotland, and you'll have the chance to earn an ownership stake in the company.
We are a highly motivated and focused team, and we are looking for colleagues who share our vision of creating Europe's first fully private space access company.
We are a fast-moving company which gives great responsibility to our engineers. You will be exacting and detail oriented, able to find innovative solutions to complex problems, flexible, trust worthy and team-oriented.
Your responsibilities will include:
• SDR configuration and programming.
• Combined VHDL and C implementation.
• Clock recovery, modulations, framing, error correction codes.
• Interfacing with external radio ground stations operators, to ensure compatibility between their and our systems.
• Cooperating with hardware and other software developers, in unit and system level test campaigns.
• You will have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a related field.
• English language skills.
• Previous SDR VHDL and software development experience is essential.
• Modulation theory and signal processing.
• GNU radio familiarity is an advantage.
We are looking for experienced candidates who can demonstrate they get things done with a pragmatic attitude and reliable results. Your track record will be important.
Orbex is a fast-moving company with a strong focus on quality. We are looking for colleagues who work hard, deliver reliably and put the team above themselves.
Typically you will be:-
• A creative, lateral thinker
• Reliable and motivated by quality
• Flexible, dedicated, trustworthy
• Adventurous and team-oriented
• Calm under pressure
This role is based in Forres at Orbex’s UK engineering and manufacturing headquarters.
Orbex Forres is located at the foot of the Scottish Highlands, near Inverness. It's close to the spectacular coastline, wild beaches and amazing wildlife of the Moray Firth, as well as being a short distance from the world famous Loch Ness, and Aviemore ski resort.
If you enjoy adventurous outdoor pursuits in extraordinary natural environments, the coast and highlands around Forres offer an ideal location.
Mountaineering, rock climbing, abseiling, hiking, mountain biking, cycling, camping, sailing, surfing, motorbiking and skiing are all within easy reach of our main UK factory, and many members of our team participate in adventure sports in the vast, beautiful settings of Sutherland.
If you enjoy drone flying, wildlife or landscape photography, some of the most spectacular vistas in the world are directly at your doorstep.
You must be a European citizen, from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. You may be required to undergo security screening.
For the right candidate we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:-
• A competitive salary
• An equity stake in the company
• Relocation assistance where appropriate
• Company Cycle to Work scheme
United Kingdom, Forres
Posted 15d ago