Mechanical Technician Engineer
Capella space is looking for an experienced mechanical technician to help grow our production and prototyping capabilities. As a mechanical technician you will be working with the team in assembling and testing hardware. Things you will be working on can range anywhere from ground support equipment to full spacecraft assembly. Steady hands are required as you will be handling important and delicate hardware. Good communication skills are also key as you will be interfacing and working with many different teams.
- Support of Spacecraft Assembly, Integration & Test activities
- Including, but not limited to:
- Component assembly
- Functional and environmental testing support
- Hardware configuration changes
- Test fixture development
- Technical Degree +5 years experience in aviation or aerospace in a hands-on assembly and testing technician role
- Experience in space systems or other mission-critical field
- Use of precision calibrated tools – Torque wrenches, micrometers, calipers etc..
- Experience building up large and small fragile assemblies
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and build documentation
- Experience with Engineering documentation control (parts lists, drawings, procedures).
- Perform work according to assembly procedures
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient, effective and clean work environment
- Superior attention to detail and passion for quality.
- Proven track record of documentation and process excellence
- Positive outlook and ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced asynchronous manufacturing environment
- Ability to design and fabricate electro-mechanical test fixtures, jigs, assembly aids, tools, etc.
- Spacecraft assembly/testing experience
- Vibration Testing experience
- Specification Soldering certification or experience (NASA, IPC, J-standard)
- Familiarity with ESD
- Familiarity with RF testing and equipment
- Familiarity with working in a clean room environment.