Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking for a hard-charging Software Developer to join our team in Arlington, VA. We’re a diverse, talented team, building mission-critical tools, and we need more motivated engineers to turbocharge our output!
Life with Us
Your Project: We’re developing full-stack solutions to enable analysts to curate and categorize real-world data based on geospatial and temporal features. We use Python, PostgreSQL, and Elasticsearch on the backend to facilitate CRUD operations on critical data stores while providing a rich search capability. We use React and Typescript on the front end to bring our workflows to life. We need talented developers on both the backend and UI efforts.
Your Career: We’re very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your supervisor, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer:
- Time for dedicated professional development.
- Conference attendance (temporarily only online conferences due to public health concerns).
- Corporate partner and industry training.
- Peer group collaboration.
- Hackathons, as well as paid certifications.
- Education reimbursement.
- Student loan repayment.
What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
- Implement new products and features to improve the design of a critical software program of record.
- Adapt mission requirements to develop new tools, capabilities, requirements, or enhance/upgrade existing ones.
- Incorporate customer feedback into software products and participate in code reviews to ensure quality.
- Must have current/active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related STEM field (4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree).
- 2 years of experience with software development.
- Experience using Git for version control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across a geographically diverse team.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies; specifically frequent, iterative releases that rely on user feedback to refine features over time.
- React, Angular, or Vue.
- Redux, or another global state management pattern.
- Modern Python versions 3.6+ and unit testing.
- Mature SQL databases, such as PostgreSQL.
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda.
- Proficiency in Linux.
- Familiarity with Material design concepts and/or have used Material UI.
- Strong React, Typescript, and ES2015+ skills.
- Development with CesiumJS or other modern geospatial mapping software libraries.
- Elasticsearch experience.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or another relational database.
- Testing React components.
- Experience with Docker environments and/or Kubernetes.
- Python based web frameworks, such as Flask and/or FastAPI.
- ETL processing frameworks and tools.
- Experience with microservice architectures.
- Knowledge of building and testing RPMs.
- Familiarization with Public Key Infrastructure.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.