As a Firefly Communications Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, test and verification of the communications systems including the S-Band downlink, GPS receiving system and the Flight Termination receiving system and all associated RF hardware. This includes architecting these systems, selecting hardware solutions, working with suppliers to procure hardware, develop test plans and procedures to validate performance including compatibility testing at the launch site and ground station provider. Your contributions will directly affect mission success.
- Specify, analyze, implement, troubleshoot, and test of RF flight hardware and ground equipment and components ranging from baseband to C-Band.
- Design communication system architecture, including link and noise budget analysis, frequency planning, and interference analysis. Analyze configurations and create trade studies for transmit and receive communication systems. Measure RF performance at system and module level.
- Perform end-to-end definition, requirement generation, block diagram design, component selection and evaluation, electrical and electromagnetic simulation and analysis, testing and troubleshooting of RF and communication subsystems.
- Work with the rest of the vehicle Avionics team to integrate RF systems into the whole architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in electrical engineering, with a preferred emphasis in RF hardware development or testing. The ideal candidate would demonstrate proficiency in RF hardware development, analysis and simulation in addition to troubleshooting and test experience for RF hardware.
- Experience using RF test equipment, such as signal generators, signal analyzers, vector network analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters and amplifiers, loads, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present design and analysis to multiple audiences
- A great attitude, intelligence, and willingness to work hard can substitute for some of these requirements
- Experience with RF systems in an aerospace context
- Familiarity with GPS receivers is desirable
- Experience with the implementation of RF designs in and above Ku- and Ka-Band within a larger architecture
- Familiarity with ANSYS RF Designer and HFSS or similar
- Experience with Low Noise Amplifiers, Mixers, Vector Modulators, Receivers, Solid State Power Amplifiers, Phase Locked Loops, Frequency Synthesizers, Frequency, etc.
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.