Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
As part of a small, fast-paced, and passionate team you will be the key to rocket component production. You will be responsible for driving design feedback and communication between engineers and the machine shop. Input provided by you can determine the success or failure of individual components and assemblies. This position is located just north of Leander, in Briggs, TX.
- Act as liaison between the machine shop and the engineering team.
- Provide feedback to responsible engineers and ensure the most time-efficient and cost-efficient method of producing components
- Deliver rocket components from CAD models to tangible components/assemblies ready for testing
- Work with existing and identify new vendors to support external manufacturing processes
- Research new manufacturing methods and production related processes
- Research and identify new materials for improved production efficiency and final product performance
- Review drawings to verify component manufacturability and tolerance stack-ups
- Manage lookaheads for long lead tasks including composites manufacturing
- Prioritize tasks for fabrication shops
- Create shop schedule
- Create work instructions
- Identify issues and provide corrective action
- Ensure appropriate tooling is available
- 1+ years working in a manufacturing environment with a bachelor�s degree in mechanical, aerospace, or similar area. 5+ years of directly related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with CAD software such as Pro-E, CATIA, SolidWorks, or NX.
- Exceptional people interaction skills
- A passion for creating, building, and making things happen
- Metallurgical concentrated Manufacturing engineers should have experience or familiarity with:
- Machining operations
- Welding and welding codes/certifications
- Metallic 3D printing
- Sheet metal
- Tempering of martensitic steels
- Knowledge of various forms of seals, especially operating in cryogenic conditions
- Demonstration of driving material selection leading to successfully tested components
- Experience with budgetary and schedule planning
- Experience with PLM system
- Experience creating manufacturing drawings with application of GD&T
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.