ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
Firefly Flight and Ground Software Simulation Engineers will have an exciting and challenging opportunity to build up the infrastructure to test ground and flight software in all-digital environments, hardware-in-the-loop environments, and a mixture of both, for Firefly launch sites, launch vehicles, and spacecraft.
This is a unique opportunity to build flexible plug-n-play simulation environments where critical testing will occur to verify and validate our ground and flight software as well as providing training environments for integrated launch operators.
You will be part of the Aerospace Software Engineering Group and will work closely with Flight Software, Ground Software, and Software Test personnel to provide exception simulation environments to thoroughly test our software before use on a launch vehicle, spacecraft, or launch site.
- Work with the Avionics, Fluids, Propulsion, Structures, Spacecraft, and other Firefly Departments or Launch Facilities to develop launch site, launch vehicle, and spacecraft simulation models used for all-digital and hardware-in-the-loop simulations
- Develop the infrastructure and glue code for flexible all-digital, hardware-in-the-loop, and mixed simulation environments for flight and ground software testing, where software models can replace hardware components and vice-versa
- Develop the ability to playback launch site test or flight telemetry to validate models and/or provide training
- Adhere to customer simulation requirements, whether internal or external
- Develop and document requirements, designs, plans, and schedules
- Provide accurate simulation development milestones and communicate them across stakeholder departments
- Use Firefly Aerospace Software Engineering development processes and best practices for full lifecycle development of requirements and software for simulations
- Actively learn new simulation technologies and techniques and apply them to Firefly software simulations
- Bachelor�s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Computer Engineering
- Fulltime Industry experience with real-time simulation model development, all-digital-simulations, and hardware-in-the-loop simulations
- Good C++ and Python knowledge
- Development experience under the Linux operating system
- Knowledge of the Agile Software Development Model
- Use of Git version control on a commercial software simulation product
- Advanced degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Computer Engineering
- 3 to 5+ years of experience with launch site, launch vehicle, or spacecraft real-time simulation model development, all-digital-simulations, and hardware-in-the-loop simulations
- Exceptional C++ and Python development skills
- Experience with simulations running in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Real-Time operating system
- Practical experience using an Agile Software Development framework like Kanban, SCRUM, or Lean Development
- Experience using Atlassian Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket
- Understanding of engine, tank, or environmental modeling, and physics engines
- Experience using the NASA Trick Simulation Environment
- Practice using the GitFlow Workflow
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.