Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking to add an RF Electrical Engineer to join our team to support a customer who has a fast-paced and exciting mission within the intelligence community. This position will provide RF expertise within the realm of Electrical Engineering.
Life with Us
The RF Electrical Engineer will work independently and as part of a cross-functional team comprised of technical experts supporting an established and growing IC mission. You will need to quickly understand complex technical concepts and make assessments, and then articulate your recommendations to the customer. Previous experience working on-site to support the DoD and the intelligence community is highly desirable.
Maxar is a leading global provider of advanced space technology solutions for commercial and government markets including satellites, Earth imagery, geospatial data, and analytics. As a trusted partner, Maxar provides unmatched end-to-end advanced systems capabilities and integrated solutions expertise to help our customers anticipate and address their most complex mission critical challenges with confidence.
Maxar offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation, and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account and tuition assistance. Maxar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Day-to-Day with your Colleagues:
- Provide engineering design and analysis assessments for the customer’s communication systems, communications user equipment, and transport segments.
- Provide Electrical Engineering expertise to the customer’s projects and systems.
- Develop plans and integrate user equipment with a variety of short- and long-range terrestrial and space-based RF networks.
- Conduct assessments including modulation techniques, antennae characteristics, software defined radio methodology, digital signal processing, and GNU standards.
- Conduct test design; anomaly resolution; system deployment and sustainment support.
- Perform or assist in design, development, installation, and testing of operational equipment.
- Conduct system anomaly trouble shooting, and interface with vendors and mission partners to ensure systems will meet the end goals of stakeholders.
- Must have active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (4 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- 8 years of relevant, professional experience as an Electrical Engineer.
- 3 years of experience working with RF communication systems.
- Advanced degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience working on-site at a customer location.
- Experience working in DOD / IC.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within or lead a team of peers, as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate highly technical analyses at a level comprehensible to laymen and senior-level government representatives.
- Ability to clearly express in writing, technical analysis results and site characterizations.
- Practical electrical systems knowledge gained through design, construction, or facilities management work experience.
- Working knowledge of the design and operation of power-generation plants (diesel, gas turbine, hydroelectric, nuclear, and/or coal-fired), main and low-voltage transformer substations, power distribution grids, uninterruptible power supplies, and related components & subsystems.
- Expert knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of power system engineering/simulation software tools such as ETAP, NEPLAN, NAP, etc.
- Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning and functional defeat of hard targets and underground facilities.
- Working knowledge of engineering, 3D modeling, and geospatial analytical tools to include AutoCAD, ArcGIS, MatLab, SketchUp, Skyline Software, RemoteView, etc.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.