Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking to add an RF Engineer to join our team to support a customer who has a fast-paced and exciting mission within the intelligence community. This position will provide RF engineering design and analysis assessments for customer communications systems.
Life with Us
The RF Engineer will work independently and as part of a cross-functional team comprised of technical experts supporting an established and growing IC mission. You will need to quickly understand complex technical concepts and make assessments, and then articulate your recommendations to the customer. Previous experience working on-site to support the DoD and the intelligence community is highly desirable.
Maxar is a leading global provider of advanced space technology solutions for commercial and government markets including satellites, Earth imagery, geospatial data, and analytics. As a trusted partner, Maxar provides unmatched end-to-end advanced systems capabilities and integrated solutions expertise to help our customers anticipate and address their most complex mission critical challenges with confidence.
Maxar offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation, and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account and tuition assistance. Maxar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Day-to-Day with your Colleagues:
- Provide engineering design and analysis assessments for the customer’s communication systems, communications user equipment, and transport segments.
- Develop plans and integrate user equipment with a variety of short- and long-range terrestrial and Space based RF networks.
- Conduct assessments including modulation techniques, antennae characteristics, software defined radio methodology, digital signal processing, and GNU standards.
- Conduct test design; anomaly resolution; system deployment and sustainment support.
- Perform or assist in design, development, installation, and testing of operational equipment.
- Conduct system anomaly trouble shooting, and interface with vendors and mission partners to ensure systems will meet the end goals of stakeholders.
- Must have active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain CI polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (4 additional years of relevant experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- 8 years of professional experience as an RF Engineer.
- Graduate level degree.
- Experience working on-site at a customer location.
- Experience working in DOD / IC · Experience in the telecommunications industry
- Experience with RF communications systems engineering and/or integration is highly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with RF antenna design, analog and digital signal conversion, and Satellite Comm.
- Experience with waveforms, waveform design, and characteristics reducing probability of detection/interception.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processors and the application to perform traditional and non-traditional functions.
- Experience with Position Navigation Timing, RF interception, and geo location techniques.
- Experience with user equipment (to include mobile devices), data transport and processing across local wide area and global networks for information transfer is highly desired.
- Familiarity with foundational concepts of cognitive radios and technology leveraging for a range of purposes.
- Proficiency in using Matlab, Simulink and/or other modeling, simulating, or analyzing tools is highly desired.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.