POSITION: JUNIOR RADAR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
LOCATION: CURRENTLY REMOTE – TITUSVILLE, FL OR ATLANTA, GA
Come join PredaSAR, the best commercial space radar company on the planet! We are focused on providing the most advanced satellite radar capabilities to clearly see the surface of the earth, anywhere and anytime, providing actionable data to address the unique needs of our clients. PredaSAR is currently seeking qualified Junior Radar Systems Engineers to work in a team environment to advance the design, capabilities, and performance of a state-of-art space-based radar system. You should have end-to-end radar system knowledge and experience in synthetic aperture radar (SAR) signal processing. You will become a key member of a fast-paced, high-performing team of engineers, program managers, and senior technologists developing complex, state-of-the-art space-based radar systems and applications for commercial, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), and U.S. Intelligence Community customers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and conduct radar systems assessments and trade-studies to explore and set radar system parametrics, including waveform and parameter selection
- Develop, prototype, and test radar system models in detailed high-fidelity simulations written in MATLAB and other common industry applications to enable assessments, trade studies, and algorithm development
- Apply SAR image formation and exploitation knowledge to assess and develop signal processing algorithms to support operational implementations and studies
- Develop test plans, conduct tests, and analyze results to verify, and validate radar sensor and signal processing algorithm requirements and performance
- Propose and perform engineering studies for government sponsors and commercial customers to innovate and evaluate space-based radar payloads and algorithms
- Prepare, present, and participate in project design reviews and peer reviews for all phases of radar/SAR development tasks
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, math, physics, or related field, depending on position level
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in radar systems with knowledge of end-to-end design, development, and/or assessment, through modeling and simulation
- Experience in developing techniques for radar signal processing, with specific emphasis on Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) preferred
- Demonstrated leadership as well as workload, time, and resource management abilities
- Proficient at MATLAB application for radar
- Prior coursework or experience in areas of digital signal processing, probability theory, stochastic signal processing, and electromagnetic theory
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 22 CFR §120.15 or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- This position requires the candidate to be eligible for or have a current/active TS/SCI security clearance and to maintain the clearance.
- Detailed knowledge of the space-based radar systems or space systems
- Experience supporting Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) use cases in the Intelligence Community or Department of Defense
- Experience in creating efficiencies or novel techniques in collection, processing, and exploitation of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data
- Familiarity with open data standards utilized in the common transport and processing of radar data products
- Familiarity with advanced solution for data storage and analysis
- Experience with C/C++ and/or Python
Generous PTO with floating holidays and flexible vacation policy
Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
Cross-training and professional development opportunities
Founded in 2019 in Boca Raton, Florida with additional offices in Northern Virginia and Atlanta, Georgia. PredaSAR Corporation is an emerging small satellite solutions provider building, and ultimately operating, the world’s largest and most advanced commercial Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite constellation.
PredaSAR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
PredaSAR…the clear choice for compelling SAR solutions!