With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space
- Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning and executive-level exposure
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
Who You Are: You’re passionate about satellite communications systems and its applications and business potential. You’re agile and love rolling up your sleeves. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You possess superb communications skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey information to customers and senior staff members.
You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Customer Enablement Engineer at OneWeb, you will play a key role in our business growth. Working as a specialist member of the customer facing sales team you will understand the customer’s business needs and match them to a compelling OneWeb service solution comprising of elements from the OneWeb product and services catalogue. You will use your broad engineering knowledge and consultative techniques to ensure that our distribution partners and service provider customers provide the best possible solutions for their customers. This role is instrumental in our revenue growth, supporting the commercial team as they drive the growth of our business in all sectors. Your role will include in-depth customer technical support, leading technical sales and demos, influencing market requirements and driving sales.
Our Customer Enablement Engineers are innovative, sharp, passionate, and professional. They enjoy collaborating with both our sales and product teams, backed up by our engineering teams, and interacting with our Distribution Partner customers to demonstrate to them, and their end customers how the OneWeb Global Network can support their service needs. They also work with these customers to help them prepare for service delivery. They are creative, and solution focused.
OneWeb is hiring regionally based Customer Enablement Engineers to transversely support our market sector (Government, Enterprise, Maritime and Aviation) sales teams.
- Co-ordinate and perform OneWeb Service Demonstrations to OneWeb Distribution Partners and their end Customers
- Support the development and deployment of the OneWeb Alpha and Beta trials program, liaising with third party technology providers, system integrators, other vendors and key OneWeb stakeholders
- Technical pre-sales support in promoting OneWeb’s products to our customers (Distribution Partners and key end users).
- Use extensive technical knowledge and analytical skills to address customer questions around capability, system performance, network integration, and competitive positioning etc
- Operate as the technical expert and customer solutions engineer for OneWeb products, services and wider technologies critical to our commercial team; keep current in this technology and become a thought leader and trusted consultant to the customer base
- Drive the communication of the capabilities of the OneWeb global network to prospective customers and assist in the capture of evolving market requirements to drive product development life cycles
- Interface with key end-users to educate them about the key aspects of OneWeb’s products and services
- Play a central role in supporting the commercial team to drive uptake of OneWeb’s products and services and increasing revenue through prospective and existing accounts
What It Takes:
- BSc/BEng in a relevant technical degree or equivalent (Electrical/Electronic Engineering/ Telecommunications/Computer Sciences)
- Proven experience in providing robust technical advice and solutions to customers in the Enterprise /Telco, Government Services, Maritime or Commercial / Business Aviation community
- Experience in a relevant Customer Enablement, Sales Engineering / Product Development position
- Very good hands-on knowledge of end-to-end Data Network Solutions, Traffic Management and QOS
- Hands-on knowledge of Network Routing and Network Slicing
- An advantage would be 3GPP/LTE systems knowledge
- An a knowledge of Satcoms User Terminal Equipment for different service use cases
- Strong communication skills: ability to articulate technical material to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Commercially astute; strong negotiation skill, and a proven ability to influence customer interactions and requirements in line with wider divisional/corporate goals
- Willing to travel internationally with cultural awareness, and the ability to build regional market knowledge and intelligence
What We’d Love:
- Technical understanding of existing conventional VSAT systems, HTS/VHTS systems, other LEO systems, existing sector specific satellite communications solutions for comparison and competitive positioning purposes
Where You’ll Be: Remote, West Coast Alaska preferred
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world