With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space
- Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning and executive-level exposure
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where employees come first
- Bring transformative broadband connectivity to remote places for the first time
- Design some of the most advanced ground stations for LEO Satellite Operations
Who You Are: You are a electrical engineer who loves to look at the world from a different perspective. You are full of creative ideas, are eager to learn new things and desire to make a positive difference in the world by working for a pioneer in the space technology business.
What You’ll Do:
- As a member of the Ground Infrastructure design team, you will be challenged with power system designs for our gateways around the world. You will work with our Vendors to design and construct systems that are compliant, safe, and sustainable working alongside other members of the design team to meet tight cost and schedule objectives.
- Independently review electrical design packages for compliance with system requirements, country/regional codes and negotiate with Vendors on solutions.
- Assist in the preparation of system requirements, engineering reports, engineer’s cost estimates, etc.
- Read, interpret and apply codes and standards to design.
- Travel to sites to perform site infrastructure inspections, audits, and acceptance testing.
- Complete tasks assigned on time and to high level of quality.
What It Takes:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years of experience (post degree) in the electrical engineering field
- Professional Engineer (PE) Licensure
- Strong proficiency in grounding, site power distribution and reliability analysis
- Strong English language proficiency with skills in other languages a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts cross culturally
- Strong ethics, integrity, commitment to self-development and desire to work in a deadline-driven team environment
- Ability to read, interpret and apply codes and standards to design
- Ability to handle material in compliance with export control regulations
- Experience in Windows environment and software applications including Microsoft Office Suite
What We’d Love:
- International experience dealing with various standards, electrical regulations, and bylaws
- Gateway (teleport), GSM, and/or data center design experience
Where You’ll Be: As part of the Ground Infrastructure Design Group, this role offers the opportunity to work remotely full time. Travel up to 20% of the time.
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world