With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space
- Bring transformative connectivity to remote places for the first time
- Support the launch and operations of our LEO satellite constellation
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
Who You Are: You’re passionate about modern technologies and automating everything. You’re a self-starter who’s agile and loves diving into the nitty gritty to get the job done. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in ground and space systems.
What You’ll Do:
The DevSecOps Engineer plays a key role in the continuous integration/continuous delivery of the Fleet Management Segment (FMS), the ground segment for the operation of the world’s most advanced satellite constellation. The successful candidate will drive robust and repeatable deployments, faster deployment frequency and shortened mean time to recovery in the FMS ground system software and infrastructure. This position will require collaborating closely with the software development team, the infrastructure development team, and the mission operations team. The DevSecOps Engineer is part of the FMS System Architecture team.
The candidate will provide rotating support to development and operations including on-site support for system upgrades, maintenance and triage and recovery operations. They may periodically provide shift support during critical satellite operations and/or staff the on-call support rotation such that safe and efficient operations are ensured by the Spacecraft Operations Team on a 24/7 basis. The DevSecOps Engineer plays an integral role in the successful operations of the OneWeb constellation.
Duties will include:
- Automate everything!
- Develop, maintain, and improve a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) for delivering features, fixes and system updates in development and production environments
- Develop and maintain a continuous testing suite to validate deliverables and ensure system quality
- Develop, maintain, and improve real-time monitoring, and metric development for the development and production environments to ensure high quality through early detection of issues
- Work closely with system architects, product owners and external vendors to ensure that the integrated FMS ground system supports the OneWeb mission on highly available highly reliable 24/7 basis.
What It Takes:
- Foundational experience in software development and DevOps/DevSecOps roles
- Experience with automating deployment, configuration and management of cloud environments including AWS and RedHat OpenStack Platform
- Excellent programming skills with extensive experience in Ansible, scripting languages including Python, Lua, Perl, Bash or equivalent, large structured languages including Java, Go, or equivalent
- Knowledge of information assurance & security and computing infrastructure system technology including cloud computing architecture
- Hands-on experience managing microservice architectures including automated deployment, installation, and configuration of applications on both Linux systems (VMs) and containers (Kubernetes or Docker)
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems such as Redhat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Extensive experience working with version control and repository management systems such as GIT
- Experience working with container and container management technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Experience automating monitoring using ELK/Grafana stacks
- Passion for working in a highly collaborative environment with multiple small and medium sized project-based teams to quickly produce high quality outcomes.
What We’d Love:
- 7+ years experience in DevOps/DevSecOps roles; 5+ years experience in hybrid cloud environments with Red Hat OpenStack Platform and AWS
- Experience working with mission critical systems
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Professional
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- MS in Computer Science, Information System, or Engineering related field additional education and training through an advanced technical degree or continuous learning is highly desired
Where You’ll Be:
Satellite Operations Center in Tysons Corner, VA or London, UK.
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world