SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS ENGINEERING TEST TECHNICIAN
- Work with design engineers to develop and execute avionics test campaigns including but not limited to: highly accelerated life test (HALT), thermal, and vacuum
- Self-monitor work progress against fast-paced area benchmarks and achieve on time delivery of all work
- Design and maintain specialized test setups which utilize a wide range of test equipment
- Perform tests and properly document test setup and results
- Work with design engineers to troubleshoot failures
- Program and operate test chambers while monitoring thermal and dynamic levels
- Work with production personnel to transition HALT and highly accelerated stress screening (HASS) processes to production processes
- Setup test fixtures using mechanical hand tools and torque wrenches
- Properly attach thermocouples, harnessing, and accelerometers to units under test
- Support continuous process improvement of avionics HALT/HASS procedures and processes
- Execute calibration swaps on expired production test system hardware
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience in test procedure development or in a manufacturing/production environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering technology
- Experience with thermal testing
- Experience with vibration testing
- Some experience in space, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environments is highly desirable
- Software skills - LabVIEW or Python desired
- Capable of working with diverse electrical test equipment such as: analog, digital, and RF
- Strong team working skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be willing to work all shifts
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.